1. What are the Benefits of Membership with PFLAG Phoenix
- The welcoming support of families and friends at our local support meetings
- Inclusion in our PFLAG Phoenix family, all working together to advance our mission of support, education, and advocacy.
- Invitations to local, regional, and national events and conferences.
- Voting privileges on matters brought before our full membership (e.g., election of chapter officers, other official matters).
- Voting privileges on proposals put forth at our Board of Directors meetings.
- PFLAG Phoenix members receive an automatic membership with PFLAG National.
- Members are eligible for discounts on PFLAG National publications.
- Members may vote for PFLAG National board members.
- Members receive PFLAG National’s quarterly newsletter, The PFLAGpole.
2. What’s the Difference Between Joining PFLAG Phoenix versus PFLAG National
Joining PFLAG Phoenix:
- Your membership with PFLAG Phoenix automatically includes a membership to PFLAG National (unless you opt out).
- PFLAG Phoenix remits $15 from your membership directly to PFLAG National to help further their work on a national level.
- We put the remainder of your funds to work here in our local community (i.e., the Phoenix metropolitan area).
Joining PFLAG National:
- If you join PFLAG National directly, then you are not a member of any local chapter.
- All of your funds go to work at the national level, perhaps to support work being done in another state.
- PFLAG National remits no funds to our local chapter to support the work we do in our local community.
- PFLAG National does do very important work — primarily in the arena of advocacy. (We work to support, educate, and advocate.)
3. Sorry, I’m Just Not a “Joiner” — How Can I Make a Financial Contribution Instead?
No problem. Simply complete our membership/donor form and select the “Donation” option. We appreciate the support of all our members and financial supporters!
4. When Does My Membership Become Effective?
PFLAG Phoenix must remit a portion of the membership payments we receive from chapter members annually to PFLAG National. “National’s” annual fiscal year ends September 30th and we are required to submit our dues payment to them the following month in October. Therefore, it was approved by our PFLAG Phoenix Board of Directors that future chapter membership drives will be conducted each year in September so that dues payments may be collected and payment remitted to “National” in October of each year. Consequently, our PFLAG Phoenix membership year will run from September 1st through August 31st of each year. All membership dues received up through August 31st will be applied to the current chapter membership year. All membership dues received on September 1st or after will be applied to the new chapter membership year.
5. What Benefits are Available to Sponsoring Businesses?
Business Bronze Sponsorships – $100 per year: **
Inclusion of your business name in our Sponsoring Businesses Directory in our monthly newsletter and on our website (with a hyperlink to your company’s website and 50 pixel tall logo).
Business Silver Sponsorships – $250 per year: **
Inclusion of your business card ad in our monthly e-mail newsletter and on our website (with web link to your company’s website and 75 pixel tall logo).
Business Gold Sponsorships – $500 per year: **
Prominent placement of your company’s logo on our PFLAG Phoenix website homepage (with web link to your company’s website and 100 pixel tall logo).
Business Platinum Sponsorships – $1,000 per year: **
Prominent placement of your company’s logo on other printed flyers and materials generated by PFLAG Phoenix throughout the year. Prominent placement of your company’s logo on our PFLAG Phoenix website homepage (with web link to your company’s website and 150 pixel tall logo).
** Note: Listings and ads are for one year only. PFLAG Phoenix reserves the right to refuse any advertisement that we feel is inappropriate for our membership or which contradicts our mission statement. Also, due to U.S. Post Office regulations, we are not permitted to promote a few specific business types (i.e., credit card services, insurance services, and travel services) in our newsletter when bulk rate mailing is being utilized (however, we can still promote these businesses on our website).