Providing education to individuals, families, and our community is the key to reshaping attitudes, challenging myths, correcting misinformation, and changing our world for the better. Our goal here is to help you gain the knowledge you need to confront ignorance with knowledge and misinformation with fact. This section will give you some of the tools you need to accomplish this goal. So get ready to open your heart and expand your mind!
- Basic Terminology
- Sexual Orientation Terminology
- Gender Identity Expression Terminology
- History and Other Terminology
An Introduction to Sexual Orientation
- What is sexual orientation, is it a choice, and can it be changed?
- Answers to Your Questions For a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality
- What “causes” homosexuality?
- The Kinsey Heterosexual-Homosexual Rating Scale
- Coming Out – The Basics
- The Stresses on Lesbian & Gay Adolescents
- Growing Up LGBT in America – Some Statistics
- The Impact of Homophobia and Racism on GLBTQ Youth of Color
- Gay? Whatever, Dude
An Introduction to Gender Identity & Expression
- What’s the difference between “Sexual Orientation”, “Gender Identity”, and “Gender Expression”?
- Answers to Your Questions About Transgender Individuals and Gender Identity
- Differences in Experiences and Challenges Between GLB People and Trans People
- Answers to Your Questions About Individuals With Intersex Conditions
- Two Sexes Are Not Enough
And a Final Note
- On this website, we use the acronym “LGBT+” as an all-inclusive term covering all individuals of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.